Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
that is what we all do because it works for most of us. the uptravel/downtravel 40/60-60/40 bias can be adjusted depending on if someone is a rock crawler or a highspeed desert racer.

There are plenty of companies that make brackets to adjust mounting heights. both from the top and from the bottom.

With my 10" travel shocks I have 5.5" uptravel 4.5 down up front and in back 6" up 4" down and works great for all around jeep stuff in a long distance, DD that sees offroad use. In order to get the rear shocks adjusted to have the correct 60/40 bias with my lift I needed to add a 1" spacer between the top shock mount and top of shock. easy peasy. Bump stop is easy to figure out by pulling the coils and cycling the suspension. I have done both that and also just flexed out on a ramp and then give a little leeway ie add a little to the bumps. then in real world testing put a small zip tie on the rod and check to make sure you are not bottoming out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Shock length min max are actually really easy to determine if you know the free length of the spring. In the front measure from the too of the spring perch to the bottom of where the top of the shock isolation spacers. Add that number to the free length of spring and that is the max extended shock length. (For front). Damn vodka kicked in, will provide read specks later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts