Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over a month of waiting for parts, I FINALLY got my lift and tires/wheels done. Didn't want to post a build thread with just some minor trim mods. So, here's the start of a long and fun process. Cheers :drinks:

Off the lot:

Interior trim prep for Plasti-Dip:

trim coated:

trim placed:

Naked time, with temporary blackout to stock wheels:

3" Teraflex lift
35" Kumho KL71 tires
16" Fuel Anza wheels

·
Super Moderator
14,540 Posts
Yes, nicely done!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love the plasti-dip. What color code did you use? Or is there really only one blue one? That looks nice, been thinking about doing that with mine.
thanks! sorry for the late reply, the good weather here in NJ had me away from the forums and in my tentatively dubbed "Beast" (xmen reference)

It's Blaze Blue plasti dip. Lowe's seems to carry it, but you may have to order it online. It seems that commonly the home improvement stores carry just basic black and white. The match is nearly perfect. slighly off if you *really* look, but very hard to tell. But the hydro blue factory color code is actually "PBJ" (who knows why). so the rims were powder coated with that code. they are also slightly off, but again, its if you are examining under a microscope.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flashlight mount, as found on this site. However, I will say this, for such a simple thing, this was the biggest pain in the ass ever. The seat mounting tracks are thicker than you think, and ultimately the self tapping screws prove more difficult than they are worth when trying to force them through to create the laces. The simplest solution was to buy screws that had a big enough head to hold the brackets, drill the hole straight through for them, and use wingnuts on the back to hold them in place. but, glad it's done either way:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts