Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having my Wrangler YJ for a few months I try to know a little more about this car. My question is about the location of the ashtray. Mine is under the steering wheel but I have seen pictures where it is in the center under gauges.
Can someone give me information about the reasons for the different place ?
thank you

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
YJ's with air conditioning have the ashtray under the steering wheel because there is no room with the AC vents under the gauges.

Reactions: DREDnot and Jak_Rak

·
Registered
10 Posts
What he said ^^
If your tray is at your knees then you have or did have A/C. Yj ashtrays are dumb anyway, remove it and install a 12v power port somewhere less retarded than over your leg. Unless of course you want to keep it factory stock or need a nut and bolt drawer.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
More importantly JEEPS are NOT cars.... they are JEEPS...

Welcome to the world of Jeeps!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
But cars are not jeeps
This pic somehow seems correct .....

I remember back when I was in the car business, a couple of magazines posted lists of Top Ten vehicles. One list was Top Ten Gay/Lesbian Vehicles ..... the black Jeep Wrangler made that list. Was especially popular among lesbians though.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
This pic somehow seems correct .....

I remember back when I was in the car business, a couple of magazines posted lists of Top Ten vehicles. One list was Top Ten Gay/Lesbian Vehicles ..... the black Jeep Wrangler made that list. Was especially popular among lesbians though.
Jeep is the new Subaru

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I most states Jeeps have passenger car plates, because they are not a Truck, they are an SUV, The First Suv Ever Made!

Reactions: alekiq

·
Registered
459 Posts
I most states Jeeps have passenger car plates, because they are not a Truck, they are an SUV, The First Suv Ever Made!
Here is the problem with your comment.......

What was the Jeep Wrangler considered to be when it was first made?

Keep in mind the Jeep Wrangler, as well as the Chevy Bazer, Ford Bronco, et. cet. were all created BEFORE any vehicle was referred to as an SUV ????

One older term I recall used in many states was MPV, they are not trucks, nor were they passenger cars. States had special MPV plates for them.

So what is an MPV ?????

Multipurpose
Passenger
Vehicle

Still other states took the easy way out ...... saw them as station wagons and registered them as Passenger Vehicles.

Oh and the reason states adopted the MPV classification was to charge more money for plates. MPV's were more expensive than Passenger Cars and less expensive that Trucks.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Definately NOT the first ever
images.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
You sir are a genyes

Here is the problem with your comment.......

What was the Jeep Wrangler considered to be when it was first made?

Keep in mind the Jeep Wrangler, as well as the Chevy Bazer, Ford Bronco, et. cet. were all created BEFORE any vehicle was referred to as an SUV ????

One older term I recall used in many states was MPV, they are not trucks, nor were they passenger cars. States had special MPV plates for them.

So what is an MPV ?????

Multipurpose
Passenger
Vehicle

Still other states took the easy way out ...... saw them as station wagons and registered them as Passenger Vehicles.

Oh and the reason states adopted the MPV classification was to charge more money for plates. MPV's were more expensive than Passenger Cars and less expensive that Trucks.
Daggonit, I meet the smartest people on this site. And as for the young lady with the green toes , Alice come home , I miss yooouu!!

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts