Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was curious about making a trip to either and had some questions, hope someone could share their experiences.

The official website gives good info on what's open, when it's open, and what permits cost. I'm more curious about planning a trip to fish and drive in the beaches. It looks like they only allow a certain number of vehicles on at one time.

Is it first come first serve? Can you reserve times like the camping? How busy is it usually?

I think my family wants to do a week/weekend trip, what would be the best town to stay with stuff (shopping/dinner) to do?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Chincoteague, yes, in the summer months the beach is filled up before 10-12am, camping would be at a camp ground, over night on the beach is for fishing only, no sleeping, heard the ranges will check on you,

I see you posted a while back, maybe you made it down or not, been the busiest summer yet, only been here 3 yrs, I'm a come here, have a 12' Rubicon orange/dozer JKU,

·
Registered
844 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
We will be down at Ocean city Aug 18-27th. I am planning on going to the assateague part so we can get our jeeps out on the beach. My question is, for you all that may frequent the beach, should I plan on getting there at like 8 or 9 am so we can actually get on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts