Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few threads on this issue, but I am completely new to the wrangler life and I don't think the screw in plug method will help here?

See below pictures. There's a leak on the rear driver side corner and there seems to be fluid build up in the hole there too... the washer fluid seemed to leak from this corner down on to the carpet behind the rear seats.

Thanks in advance!
Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Just leave it empty, it's not exactly a critical part that's needed for daily operation.
Or
Leaks are pretty self explanatory, find where it's leaking then plug it with whatever will stop it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
If you ride with your top off in the summer, then it's not an important or necessary part. If you run with your top on in the winter, like I do, then it's a convenience to have the rear window washer operable. Why not just drain what's left in the hose off, replace the hose, and see if that fixes the issue. Sometimes those hoses can become brittle if your topless Jeep spends time in the sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the fast reply guys!

So I actually checked again in daylight just now. (Last night was hard to see everything). Turns out the tube that people put screws in was actually the culprit, I've since plugged the whole with the OEM stopper. The hardtop has never been removed. Where does the tube connect to? Or is it just always disconnected?

Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
it connects to a tube on the hardtop right next to the electrical connector if you have one and if you have a wiper for the back glass it will be a white tube coming out of a hole in back corner if the top. if you don't have a rear wiper just tuck it away in the corner

·
Registered
15,694 Posts
First the guys saying you don't need the washer just leave tank empty must not understand that front and rear washer functions both use the same tank so if you leave it empty you have no front washer which is bad news

The tank has two pumps one for front and one for rear
The stock tube includes a plug you use when hardtop is removed

The power for the rear pump runs from the switch to the rear harness then back on another wire then to pump under hood

It is done this way not because there is anything powered in back but so circuit can never be completed to underhood pump when hardtop is removed

An alternative to plugging hose at top connector in back is to pull hose off at pump under hood and place a vacuum cap over pump outlet just be sure to do it to pump for rear washer not pump for front washer as both pumps are inserted in rubber grommets in holes on the same washer tank under the hood

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for the replies! I'll look at the hardtop connection once I get back to the wrangler. I guess it somehow popped out of its connection before I bought it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Final update: plugged the tube back into the white tube and no more leaks + rear wiper fluid is now working! didnt even know where was a white tube until Brett pointed it out, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts