Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade from the stock Rubicon tires to a 33". The tread on the BFG MT has worn way faster than I would have thought so I want to get some AT but like the aggressive look of the MT.

What AT tires are you driving?

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
I'm in for a new set of Toyo ATII's but they aren't that "aggressive" looking, they just perform really well.

For the look and performance, you can check out the very popular Duratrac, the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3, Dick Cepek Fun Country and the Kelly TSR. All are good tires.

Are you looking at the 285/70-17's? Very popular 33 for our JK's.

·
Registered
910 Posts
285/75/16 atz p3

Pic is with no lift. I do have a 2.5 rk lift sitting on the garage floor but I tore a calf muscle 2 weeks ago and still can barely walk.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check out the Firestone destination at. For 285/70 17s they were the lightest tire I could find (44 lbs) which helps mileage. They are great on the street, in the snow and for light to moderate offroading. Good price too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
285/75/16 atz p3

Pic is with no lift. I do have a 2.5 rk lift sitting on the garage floor but I tore a calf muscle 2 weeks ago and still can barely walk.
Man those look really nice. That is the look I am going for. After getting a new job in an outskirt town my daily round trip commute is around 100 miles and my BFG MT have taken a hit.

How have they performed on the trails?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Looking to upgrade from the stock Rubicon tires to a 33". The tread on the BFG MT has worn way faster than I would have thought so I want to get some AT but like the aggressive look of the MT.

What AT tires are you driving?
Some of the new gen AT/MT hybrids provide the aggressive looks of an MT with the more civilized manners of an AT. Look at the Duratrac, KO2, ST Maxx, ATZ P3 and others.

·
Registered
200 Posts
These are 33" toyo AT2 on stock rims with spacers ... Really nice ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
Man those look really nice. That is the look I am going for. After getting a new job in an outskirt town my daily round trip commute is around 100 miles and my BFG MT have taken a hit.

How have they performed on the trails?
They are fairly new but what I have done, they were great. They have a much stronger sidewall than duratracs, but with that said, the wheel/tire combo weighs 85 lbs. I currently run rancho 9000's so the ride is good aired at 28 cold/30 warm. They knocked the mpg down about 1 1/2 but that can be said with just about all 33s. I like them..

·
Registered
23,964 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
They are actually 285/70/17 ... Which list at 11.5" wide and 32.8" diameter. They did rub the sway bar a bit at full turn before I put the lift and spacers on. The wheel/rim fit was fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had some cooper discover STT on my truck and got a little over 65k out of them. I had people flag me down several times to see what they were. They wore well on the road and really impressed me off the road. I just ordered a set of the ATZ P3 for the jeep and they should be in Wednesday.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
my previous jk had toyo at2. 285/70/17. Quiet ride, and a very high mileage warranty. I love the price especially for the 285/75/17. Great all around tires, and EXCELLENT customer service. I had a sidewall puncture and toyo gave me 50% off a new tire, installation, mounting, and balancing.

my new jk has BFG KO2. Also quiet as the toyo's. snow rated, and very durable (check out the youtube videos). Priced affordable too for a brand new release.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts