Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bout to drive me nuts , from what I understand, a jeep heater almost shoots out flames they get so warm. I have checked all movment of the selector switches and vacuum modules under the dash, all operate to full out and full in. no vaccuum leaks. still no heat. checked the hoses while at running temp (209) both are good and hot. running aitn-freeze, good and clear with good flow. the temp. selector (blue to red knob) is electronic, could it have gone bad and not allowing the stop-cock to open? It does have a fantastic air conditioner on the warm days, and even a better one on the cool evenings ~grin~

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
It's almost May in Georgia. Don't worry about it until at least October!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Plan on a smokey mountain trip next weekend.....still gets cool up there.....went last week to lower SC, and 28 at night and 57 durring the day wasn't too spiffy without heat...... then theres the defrost thingey when it rains....cold air just dont want to keep the winshield un-fogged....;)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
The temperature is controlled by a valve up above the passenger-side footwell, which is connected by a control wire to the temperature control knob. It's possible for the wire to slip off the valve which is, as I recall, visible without taking off the kick plate above the footwell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry : heater

Jerry, that put me on the right track. When I put the meter on it, it didn't have a reading (burnt out rheostat). However, I did take the valve caseing apart and set it for heat. I'll just have to adjust it manual until I get the part. Again, thanks for the lead....:)

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Now you can crank that heat up when it's 95 Georgia degrees here in a couple of weeks. :D :D :D
Besides, Jeep guys are supposed to be tuff. Don't need no stinking heat!!!
(Just funnin with ya)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
Jerry, that put me on the right track. When I put the meter on it, it didn't have a reading (burnt out rheostat). However, I did take the valve caseing apart and set it for heat. I'll just have to adjust it manual until I get the part. Again, thanks for the lead....:)
You mean newer TJs no longer use the control wire? Heck, I can't keep up with all the changes! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts