Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
iv been looking at the metal cloak fenders and there website doesn't make much sense to me what all do you need to buy and how much did it cost? it shows the flares separately?
Go on this link Jeep Wrangler TJ and TJ Unlimited (LJ) Tube Fenders & Body Armor and just choose one of the first four selections which are fenders which comes with all the hardware and then pick one of the next six selections for flares based on if you got arched or overline if you want to add a flares. Fenders run $599-$799 and flares go from $139-$249

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Your jeep is amazing man! Its the same set up im going for but with a green jeep. Well done! Where did you get your rack from?
Thanks - had the rack made by a small marine outfitter in Austin

How did you guys get the Bed liners to look smoother then most Bed liners? All the ones I have seen look really rough but y'all's looks ALOT better.
It's the nature of the product. Superliner from Bedliner.com

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Have any pictures of how it sits at ride height? My plan was to go with their 3.5" springs up front and RC's 2.5" springs in the rear since they're like a slinky and to help level out the jeep like what Imped had done. But if those metalcloaks front and rear sit level then I'll go with those. Also if you do have a shot of it at ride height what is your tire size. Thanks in advance man.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I am not sure what Imped did with RC 2.5 springs, but I am sitting an inch and a half higher on the MC springs than I was on 933 OME springs with an additional .75 spacer, but I also took 40lbs off the front by swapping fenders.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am not sure what Imped did with RC 2.5 springs, but I am sitting an inch and a half higher on the MC springs than I was on 933 OME springs with an additional .75 spacer, but I also took 40lbs off the front by swapping fenders.
I don't know if it was his main reason but he had a taller spring in the front than in the rear to help level it out and to take away from the factory take some. Went with the RC's because of their unsprung length.

Which is why I am so interested in the cloak springs as you are, unsprung length. No more coils unseating at full droop. The jeep will eventually be 4 linked with mid arms in the rear so I would love to have a spring that can support a 12" or maybe even a 14" travel shock.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.