Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the stock speakers with the Kicker set Mopar sells. I removed the tweeters from the soundbar too. I'm thinking about running a line from those two tweeter connectors to the back so I can add a 1/8" jack. Does anyone know if the bass is removed by a crossover or something to this wires? I want to use it at the drive-in. I have several Bluetooth speakers I could just plug in.

·
Registered
625 Posts
They carry the full-range signal. However, they are high-level and you better make sure whatever bluetooth speaker you use can accept such an input. Most are expecting a low level audio signal, not speaker level.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I recently replaced the stock speakers with the Kicker set Mopar sells. I removed the tweeters from the soundbar too. I'm thinking about running a line from those two tweeter connectors to the back so I can add a 1/8" jack. Does anyone know if the bass is removed by a crossover or something to this wires? I want to use it at the drive-in. I have several Bluetooth speakers I could just plug in.
So you are trying to make a line out from the speaker wires to plug in an external speaker?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They carry the full-range signal. However, they are high-level and you better make sure whatever bluetooth speaker you use can accept such an input. Most are expecting a low level audio signal, not speaker level.
Thanks. I didn't even know there was such a thing.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you are trying to make a line out from the speaker wires to plug in an external speaker?
Drive-in movies. We back in. My kids sit in the back and my wife and I sit outside on lawn chairs. I bought a cheap-o radio, but it takes me forever to find the right frequency.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What tweeters did you replace with? I also just replaced stock with Kickers, but have been looking for a good set of tweeters. Are you also thinking about a sub? Thoughts on that as well? Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What tweeters did you replace with? I also just replaced stock with Kickers, but have been looking for a good set of tweeters. Are you also thinking about a sub? Thoughts on that as well? Thanks!
The Kickers were really a great upgrade for $120. Someone on here suggested disconnecting the tweeters in the sound bar because the Kickers have a tweeter built in. They said the tweeters in the dash should stay. I guess I'm just trusting the audiophiles... I'm thinking the Kicker 11HS8 because it will fit under the seat using the bracket on eBay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangler...ith-mounting-options-/221953935534?nav=SEARCH
Being able to keep it off the floor and potential
water is a selling point for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unplugging the tweeters.. That's a good idea! Just bought my Jeep a week ago, all new to me! And I agree - those Kickers were worth every penny!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Drive-in movies. We back in. My kids sit in the back and my wife and I sit outside on lawn chairs. I bought a cheap-o radio, but it takes me forever to find the right frequency.
Ok, I get what you are doing now. Connect those unused speaker wires to a cheap line out converter to convert the signal to low level: http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-35-Va...1458136139&sr=8-1&keywords=line+out+converter

You would then connect the LOC to a stereo RCA to bare wire cable (you can always butcher an existing set of RCAs you might have): 2 Channel Speaker to Gold RCA Amp Receiver Powered Speakers Wire Adapter 1 Ft | eBay

And finally you would connect those bare leads to a 3.5mm stereo panel mount jack mounted wherever you want: Amazon.com: 3.5mm Stereo Panel Mount Jack: Electronics

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok, I get what you are doing now. Connect those unused speaker wires to a cheap line out converter to convert the signal to low level: http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-35-Va...1458136139&sr=8-1&keywords=line+out+converter

You would then connect the LOC to a stereo RCA to bare wire cable (you can always butcher an existing set of RCAs you might have): 2 Channel Speaker to Gold RCA Amp Receiver Powered Speakers Wire Adapter 1 Ft | eBay

And finally you would connect those bare leads to a 3.5mm stereo panel mount jack mounted wherever you want: Amazon.com: 3.5mm Stereo Panel Mount Jack: Electronics

I feel like using an external boombox with AM/FM would be easier than all this. But I'm all for DIY projects so good luck! Pretty sure webwarmiller's set up will work if that is the route you choose to pursue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts