Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. SO I have read and read but still a bit confused.

2013 Sahara with the factory stock basic head unit, beleive its the 130. Alpine sub in the back. No sub control what so ever on the factory unit.

Planning on swapping out the front speakers and tweeter with a set of components.
Question-Where are you guys putting the cross over? Seems like a lot of people arent using these? Why not?
Also-does the front speaker wire and tweeter wire run separately to the stock head unit? Is there a wiring schematic for cabling colors?

LOC-Is this setup correct
o PAC RCA Line Level Controller LC1
-This is to control the level sent to the amp powering the sub?
o PAC 2ch Adj LOC with Auto Remote SOEMT
-LOC for the sub amp?
o PAC 4ch Line Output Converter SOEM4
-LOC for the speaker amp?

Do I have a stock amplifier? DO I need to worry about rewiring or anything like that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ok. SO I have read and read but still a bit confused.

2013 Sahara with the factory stock basic head unit, beleive its the 130. Alpine sub in the back. No sub control what so ever on the factory unit.

Planning on swapping out the front speakers and tweeter with a set of components.
Question-Where are you guys putting the cross over? Seems like a lot of people arent using these? Why not?
Also-does the front speaker wire and tweeter wire run separately to the stock head unit? Is there a wiring schematic for cabling colors?

LOC-Is this setup correct
o PAC RCA Line Level Controller LC1
-This is to control the level sent to the amp powering the sub?
o PAC 2ch Adj LOC with Auto Remote SOEMT
-LOC for the sub amp?
o PAC 4ch Line Output Converter SOEM4
-LOC for the speaker amp?

Do I have a stock amplifier? DO I need to worry about rewiring or anything like that?

Thanks!
I put my Focal crossovers in the dash end caps, open the doors and they pop off each side.

Be prepared to be disappointed. If you put in 4ohm components you will be halving the power output of the amp. Ie, your sahara has amp and it will go from 20 watts at 2 ohms to 10 watts at 4ohms.

Whatever components you choose will be underpowered.

I didn't comment on the poor EQ curves the stock HU puts out, but that will not help either.

The stock system runs a wire from both the tweeter and woofer separately back to amp. You will go from amp to crossover, then out to components.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts