Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Wrangler Forum!

First post here!

Attempting to install my own Audio system in the JK and have a few questions regarding installation process...

As of now, I plan on setting up a amp + sub in my 2016 JKU, then in the next month I will add a second amp for the component speakers. I plan on wiring everything up where it's a easy enough to just plug in the amp and re-route all the component speakers.

I really want to place the amps under the driver & passenger seats, but can't seem to find any info about seat brackets. Read somewhere that a user unbolted the 6 bolts that are attached to the rails instead of using unbolting the 4 big-boy bolts and possibly getting a hernia :atomic:.

User stated it was way easier, but I haven't read or seen anyone else talk about it...

Ideally, I would like to keep the 4 bolts untouched so I don't have to bust out the breaker bar :pullinghair:

Another question I have is for the component speakers. Does anyone know if all stock component speaker wires run along the driver or passenger side? Or both? Can't seem to find this info either. I plan on wiring the power wire on the driver side and don't want it to interfere with the component speakers.

I created a diagram (attached) to help my build, if someone can give me the greenlight that would be great. I don't have anyone to help me out, so I'm trying my best to get it right the first shot.

Looking for a ground location as well, since the amp will be under the seat, I would like to stray away from drilling a hole into the frame if I don't need to, although I will sand whatever surface regardless.

Apologies if I posted in the wrong section!

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hey Wrangler Forum!

First post here!

Attempting to install my own Audio system in the JK and have a few questions regarding installation process...

As of now, I plan on setting up a amp + sub in my 2016 JKU, then in the next month I will add a second amp for the component speakers. I plan on wiring everything up where it's a easy enough to just plug in the amp and re-route all the component speakers.

I really want to place the amps under the driver & passenger seats, but can't seem to find any info about seat brackets. Read somewhere that a user unbolted the 6 bolts that are attached to the rails instead of using unbolting the 4 big-boy bolts and possibly getting a hernia :atomic:.

User stated it was way easier, but I haven't read or seen anyone else talk about it...

Ideally, I would like to keep the 4 bolts untouched so I don't have to bust out the breaker bar :pullinghair:

Another question I have is for the component speakers. Does anyone know if all stock component speaker wires run along the driver or passenger side? Or both? Can't seem to find this info either. I plan on wiring the power wire on the driver side and don't want it to interfere with the component speakers.

I created a diagram (attached) to help my build, if someone can give me the greenlight that would be great. I don't have anyone to help me out, so I'm trying my best to get it right the first shot.

Looking for a ground location as well, since the amp will be under the seat, I would like to stray away from drilling a hole into the frame if I don't need to, although I will sand whatever surface regardless.

Apologies if I posted in the wrong section!

The 4 bolts holding the seat down aren’t that hard to remove, I had to do it to install the Big Boy Brackets. I personally wouldn’t mount anything electronic to the floor, having experienced wet carpet from roof or door leaks, or if you ever have the top off and get caught in the rain unexpectedly. Mounting to the floor would also make wet carpet a lot more work to remove. Maybe with Marine amplifiers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 4 bolts holding the seat down aren’t that hard to remove, I had to do it to install the Big Boy Brackets. I personally wouldn’t mount anything electronic to the floor, having experienced wet carpet from roof or door leaks, or if you ever have the top off and get caught in the rain unexpectedly. Mounting to the floor would also make wet carpet a lot more work to remove. Maybe with Marine amplifiers.
Thanks for the reply!

I ended up taking the 4 bolts off, wasn't too difficult...

Also built a super-cheap amp rack just using 4 L brackets...Worked perfect, just had to drill 4 holes into the seat bracket.

Ground location I chose was on the frame, but elevated enough incase water were to get into the Jeep.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.