Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

August 2022 Ride of the Month

5K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  brandofamily 
#1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

There were two winners in the July 2022 ROTM contest! Congrats to @PEC-OBX (first pic above) and @Jeepahaulic (second pic above).

Good luck to this month's entries!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second vehicle that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
~Community Management Team

* These are optional but encouraged

See less See more
#2 ·
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Plant
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car

2010 JKU--Homemade Intake, Aftermarket LEDs Front/Rear, Plastidip'd Stock Rolling Gear...its a Daily Driver so its barebones on upgrades

Love driving a majority of the year without the doors, preferably with the Doggo in her harness rig along for the ride--whether its a quick trip to the store or an extended run, its the best part IMHO

#3 ·
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

2016 jku sport
EAG stubby front bumper
RC synthetic line winch
Roto pax door mounts
3.5 inch lift
Cool air intake
DIY finder chop
DIY tailgate table
EAG shelf in cargo area
Nilight light bar
Tons of red accents inside and out
DIY 12v added to cargo area for a refrigerator

favorite thing we’ve done so far is taking it to Moab

favorite trail I’ve done in it so far is metberry gulch in CO

#4 ·
View attachment 4552105

View attachment 4552104

There were two winners in the July 2022 ROTM contest! Congrats to @PEC-OBX (first pic above) and @Jeepahaulic (second pic above).

Good luck to this month's entries!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second vehicle that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
~Community Management Team

* These are optional but encouraged
Thank you
I am honored!

#5 ·
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Cloud Sky

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Metalcloak:
3.5" Gamechanger lift
HD Steering system
Overline front and rear fenders and Flip Step rock sliders
Skid Plates
Tube Doors w/mirrors
Maximus 3:
Spare Tire Carrier
Rhino Rack Platform Roof Rack
Front Bumper Hoop
Winch Plate
Adam's Drive Shafts
Warn Zeon 12-s winch
Factor 55 Ultra Hook
5:13 gears
10 Factory rear axle shafts
RCV front axle shafts
Rare Parts ball joints
Dynatrac ProGrip Big Brake Kit
Dirty Life DT-1 9303 Wheels
37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
ARB Fridge
American Adventure Labs M.A.S.S. Cargo Plate and Flip n' Slide Fridge Slide
ARB Twin Compressor
sPod
Springtail Solutions Side Saddles and Tailgate Table
Adventure Trails rear cargo shelf
XG Cargo Gama bags
Vector Off-road e-dock
JW Speaker Blackout turn signals
JW Speaker Blackout fog lights
Rigid Industries cube lights,10" light bar, and backup lights

Favorite thing to do is go to WV and go trail riding with the girlfriend.

#6 ·
Tire Vehicle Plant Wheel Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Plant

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

#8 ·
2009 Wrangler Unlimited 2.5 inch lift, 37inch tires, roll cage just picked her up a couple weeks ago. I don't have a name for her yet... My best memory so far is coming out of the house seeing her in the driveway and me saying I own a @#@$##$ Bad @#@#@ jeep. Does it get better than this we shall see...We are going off roading this weekend.I have a dana 44 for the front that Im building to replace stock.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Sky Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Sky Automotive side marker light

#9 · (Edited)
1993 4.0, 7" of lift,D30 front w/powertrax locker,D44(discs)rear w/Detroit locker, 4.56 gearing, Chromoly axles, 9500 LB synthetic line winch, upgraded exhaust,rhinolined interior, etc.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

#11 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Plant Sky Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

03 TJ
2" Rough Country suspension lift with shocks
1.25 body lift
1" motor lift
Hand throttle
Red Rock rocker guards
Front and rear bumper
10,000 LB Synthetic line winch
Spartan "lunchbox" locker up front
Modified JK rear door Hi Lift jack mount
Modified factory fender flairs
CB
Pro Comp 16" rims with 33" General Grabber AT II
We took it to Moab when it was still stock. Ran Fins and Things, some of the White Rim trail along with a number of intermediate trails in the area.
Most memorable ride was today when the first two pictures were taken. Top is off, doors are off, and the wife STILL stuck her hand outside to "see how hot it was"!

#13 ·
2012 JK 2 Dr. 2.5" Teraflex lift, 3/4" spacers with Bilstein 5100 shocks.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Car Tire
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Full Smittybilt SRC body armor
Smittybilt skids, oil pan, transmission and Evap canister, RE gas tank skid, RR front frame skid, Synergy control arm mount skids
Shrockworks frame mounted rock rails
Poison Spyder cage, custom cerakoted
Core 44 Front axle, 35 spline RCV axle shafts, ARB locker. Crown RT BBK with Mopar Performance Brake Booster and master cylinder
Currie Anti rock front swaybar, Currie Correctlync drag link, Fusion 4X4 aluminum tie rod, Rare Parts 2 ton ends, Dynatrac ball joints
Revolution US made Chromoly rear axles, ARB locker
4.56 gears
Taktic 17" steel soft 8 wheels with TMI beadlock rings. 37" BFG KM3 tires
Tyger front bumper, LED fog lights, 3 spotting camera's front facing, Apex 12K winch with synthetic line and Warn thimble.
Opar rear bumper with tire carrier.
Cut factory fenders
Seicane 10" Android HU
Kenwood Dual Band TM-V71a ham radio, Diamond 770NMO antenna, Cobra 75WXST CB, 3' Firestick.
I'm sure I'm missing something. :D

#14 ·
2012 JK 2 Dr. 2.5" Teraflex lift, 3/4" spacers with Bilstein 5100 shocks. View attachment 4552902
Full Smittybilt SRC body armor
Smittybilt skids, oil pan, transmission and Evap canister, RE gas tank skid, RR front frame skid, Synergy control arm mount skids
Shrockworks frame mounted rock rails
Poison Spyder cage, custom cerakoted
Core 44 Front axle, 35 spline RCV axle shafts, ARB locker. Crown RT BBK with Mopar Performance Brake Booster and master cylinder
Currie Anti rock front swaybar, Currie Correctlync drag link, Fusion 4X4 aluminum tie rod, Rare Parts 2 ton ends, Dynatrac ball joints
Revolution US made Chromoly rear axles, ARB locker
4.56 gears
Taktic 17" steel soft 8 wheels with TMI beadlock rings. 37" BFG KM3 tires
Tyger front bumper, LED fog lights, 3 spotting camera's front facing, Apex 12K winch with synthetic line and Warn thimble.
Opar rear bumper with tire carrier.
Cut factory fenders
Seicane 10" Android HU
Kenwood Dual Band TM-V71a ham radio, Diamond 770NMO antenna, Cobra 75WXST CB, 3' Firestick.
I'm sure I'm missing something. :D
Hey! I know that rock!!!! 5 tires on the ground!!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Window Automotive tire

#17 ·
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1987 YJ Sport 2.5l 4 cyl, manual trans, mostly original. I've rewired the entire rig, swapped the original rims with a full 5 wheel set of take offs from a rubicon, added a center console, mounted a cb in the console, upgraded the bumpers with front and rear tube bumpers that were open box cheap, found and installed a jeep am/fm cassette tape radio.
Most of the two years I've owned it, it has been in the garage in a state of repair but when I first bought it, I did have someone stop when I was waiting for a tow truck and tell me it was a cool ride and asked if I wanted to sell it. Lol

#18 · (Edited)
2016 Jeep 2 Door Wrangler Rubicon

Modifications
Hooligan Off Road Skid plate system
Riddler Diff Covers
Warn Zeon 10S
Rancho 2" sport lift
Teraflex 9550 steering stabilizer
Milestar Patagonia 33x12.50
Stock Wheels w/ Synergy Spacers
Teraflex HD Tire Carrier
Fumoto oil drain valve
Dorman metal oil cooler housing
Tuffy Half Console and Glove box
JK Pockets
Spiderweb Shade for my wife
Powerstop Stainless extended brakelines
JE Reel Driveshafts (not yet installed)
Teraflex HD Ball Joints (not yet installed) - These will only be on until I get a PR44 or UD44.

I like the Jeep, because it takes me to a lot of interesting places, and I don't worry too much about getting back with much more than a well thought out toolbox. It's great for camping in the middle of nowhere, and my wife and dog love it. It's gotten me this far nearly stock, and now that it's paid off I'm working toward a more long-term suspension and drivetrain, and taking care of known failure points like the oil cooler housing.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Car

Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Plant

#21 ·
2004 TJ Rubicon with 249500 miles on
5 inch Rubicon Express long arm lift
Mopar Rock Crawler Front Bumper
Mopar Rock Crawler Diff Guards
JCR Rear swing Away Bumper
Harbor Freight 12k winch
Led Back Up lights
Rubicon Express Oil Pan Guard
Rugged Ridge steering Guard
Mastercraft Courser MTX 33-12.5
Dick Cepek DC Rims
Rampage Frameless Soft Top
All work has been done by myself and a couple friends
Completely repainted this year , bedliner interior
Next plan is possibly V8 power

Attachments

#23 ·
This is my 1994 YJ still a work in process..swapping the 2.5l w/ ax-5 transmission with a 99 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0l w/ an AX-15 transmission from Advance Adapters
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
the TJ is a part out..I picked up for $500.00 it had the 4.0l with an Automatic transmission and the ECU for an Automatic..in order for the 4.0l from the TJ to talk to the 94 YJ with the AX-5 transmission, I have to figure out if I need to swap out the Wiring harness as well and get the ECU that works with the Ax-15 transmission or if the YJ with the 2.5l engine and ax-5 harness will work just needing to switch the ECU from the YJ for the 2.5 and ax-5 ecu to a 4.0l with the Ax-15 transmission ECU..

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

#27 · (Edited)
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

Owned a 99 TJ for a few years, recently sold and purchased this 2014 JKUR with 60k miles. So far, I love it. I love being able to take road trips in comfort but also pull off on some mountain road and climb a trail. Mostly highway driving so far, but the little bit of off roading I have done has been impressive!

Most mods were done by previous owner: Fenders, Amp boards, bumpers, winch, 3.5" ST3 Teraflex lift with Fox 2.0 shocks.

Since obtaining I have done: Rubicon Express Tracbar, Rancho RS9000XL shocks and Rancho steering stabilizer, Rubicon Express quick disconnect tie rod end links, Synergy Tie Rod, 35" BFG KO2, Hike-it throttle control, Smittybilt side steps.

Reactions: WTX Diesel
#29 ·
Thank you. I honestly never win anything. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.