Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Re-gearing would be something I would want direct assistance from someone with experience in setting up gears and shims, etc.

If your locker install is just pulling things out and putting them back the same way... Seems like a manageable project to tackle DIY.

Keep us posted and let us know if you come up with any new tips or tricks during install.

Reactions: Gibsonfirebird12

·
Registered
626 Posts
I never fooled with a differential in my life before installing an Aussie in my TJ's D30. It was a non-event procedure done on my driveway.

I have a 3.73 ratio and had to remove the ring gear; I doubt that it is necessary with the 3.07.

That Aussie in my TJ was the best bang for the buck I've ever seen. It exponentially improved my ability to traverse bad trails. For the money, it's an incredible value.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Did you get it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'01 TJ Sport and '17 JKU Rubicon
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Did you get it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not yet. Some personal things came up including moving to a new area and some other unrelated issues with my TJ, so it's likely on hold for another month or two. But still planning on it!

Will definitely update this thread when I do.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts