Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Dana 30 Aussie locker. Does anyone have a good place to look for one and should i consider a used one at all? Also, will stock axles be ok if im only doing trails and the occasional soft mud hole? I appreciate all replies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little about my ride. I have a 2002 wrangler 4.0 with a 4" lift on 33X12.50x15 wrangler MT/R. 4.56 gears.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just ordered one from Aussie myself and I love it. A locker is something I'd buy new. I love my 2 year warranty too and stand by aussie

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I wouldn't consider an used Aussie. They are cheap brand new. No reason to roll the dice in order to save a few dollars.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Save a few $$$ and buy a Lokka
Why? Its the same thing. Lokka makes Aussie.

As far as buying used...if you are getting it for a steal, go for it. I did and its proven fine. If you find one and are worried about it, you can always buy new pins and springs for pretty cheap.

*EDIT: I misread this. By "save a few" I thought he meant "save up." My apologies. Lokkas are a little cheaper than Aussie's but like I previously stated, Lokka makes Aussie...so definitely save yourself a couple bucks.

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Why? Its the same thing. Lokka makes Aussie. As far as buying used...if you are getting it for a steal, go for it. I did and its proven fine. If you find one and are worried about it, you can always buy new pins and springs for pretty cheap. *EDIT: I misread this. By "save a few" I thought he meant "save up." My apologies. Lokkas are a little cheaper than Aussie's but like I previously stated, Lokka makes Aussie...so definitely save yourself a couple bucks.
Yup! $198 shipped to my door

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well fancy that. And the Lokka locker is just as good? I know it's made from the same manufacturer as Aussie but what makes it cheaper?

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Well fancy that. And the Lokka locker is just as good? I know it's made from the same manufacturer as Aussie but what makes it cheaper?
I am pretty sure THEY are the manufacturer of the aussie...not just go thru the same manufacturer. I believe their (lokka) site says they are built and then renamed as an aussie. I would guess they are a little cheaper because aussie has to mark up a little bit to help make a profit.

In reality, I would probably trust any brand of lunchbox locker. Its a pretty standard design across the board and I havent really heard any negative about any of the brands on the market as far as breakage, wear, etc is concerned.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just installed a new aussie in my jeep to

mine clicks loud in 2wd turning left more then right ,

and when in 4wd when I turn the wheel 1/4 or more it starts to click ,

that's normal right ? heavier oil will help they say I have 75-90 in there now

·
Registered
3 Posts
What locker should i put in my 99 tj with dana30? I had a knockoff locker in it a while ago and the clicking every time I turned drove me nuts. Are Aussie or Spartans quieter? Im about to put a powertrax no slip...any suggestions?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts