Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Aussie Locker/Rockcrusher diff cover- got a few ?'s

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  lost 
#1 ·
I got my aussie locker and rockcrusher diff. cover from northridge the other day and I have a couple questions.

1. how much diff. fluid should I put in. (it's a dana 30)

2. are these things that I circled in the picture normal/fine? (i olny circled a couple of them) they look like excess metal

3. Im also having some trouble getting the fill plug on. I can only get it around 1 1/2 turns by hand(it's not cross threading btw). and i can get a couple more turns with a hex "socket" and pulling hard. but it doesnt screw in even close to halfway. any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

-Matt

See less See more
#2 ·
1. Fill up the diff, until you can barely touch it through the fill plug, bending your little finger at the first knuckle.

2. That is no problem.

3. Your fill plug is magnetic, and does collect metal shavings. If you did not clean this off, with a clothe, or towel, you may have gotten some shavings, in your threads. Take a tooth brush, and clean out the threads on your diff, and the bolt.

#7 ·
The fill plug is too high and it does blow out and everywhere. I know on their website they mention it as a plus but we found differently.

We did find that you can fill it up to a point where you can put your finger in and bend it at the first knuckle so the tip of your finger gets you about the right amount.

However, filling it up to the point mentioned above is assuming your axle seals are completely tight. Otherwise this high fill level will start to exit your axle tubes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.