Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a Aussie Locker in my front dana 30 in my YJ a few days ago. And when i go about 50 or faster it starts to vibrate now. It never did it before i installed the locker. The front drive shaft now turns when i push my in neutral and look under to see the drive shaft. I though when the jeep was in 2wd the "locker" would disengage to allow the tires to differentiate and handling i don't realize the steering being any worse in 2wd but just the vibrating going fast on the highway. Hopefully someone has some more info to fix the vibrating because my friend has a auto locker and his never vibrated with the same axle setting (Dana 30 with vacuum switch)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have mild vibrations from mine as well. I don't believe the front driveshafts are balanced from the factory. It's a crap shoot whether you'll have vibration or not from a locker. If it's truly that bad take it to a driveline shop and have it balanced. Before you do though make sure everything is tight underneath (u-joints, spline mating, etc.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In neutral in 2wd is u roll it or drive it in 2 wheel drive does your front drive shaft move like if it is in 4wd?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts