Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've seen threads about car washes and the riskiness of rolling a soft top through them but what about oversized tires in the track?

I have a 2012 JKU and just had the "combo" installed - 33" Duratracs. I went to my usual wash spot and they were iffy on if it would work and said it could damage the outer treads.

Anyone have any experience with this? In a perfect world I'd wash it myself every time but it just isn't always possible.

Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Now that I think about it, I doubt my tires would fit in the moving tracks.

Kind've a moot point, though, since I go to a coin-operated wash. Don't want the wash strips or brushes at the drive-thru type to scratch the crap outta my soft top windows. Those things have gotta be covered in all sorts of gritty junk...

No five second rule if food touches a car wash strip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The guy at my local car wash said 305s or smaller, I have 315s. The issue is that the tracks are not wide enough and causes the track to buck.
Its a nice wash if you're pretty clean, I would never go with any sort of mud on, it will kill you shiny bits.

·
Registered
996 Posts
You can go threw the one with the robot that goes around your jeep spraying it and hope you don't get to wet.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I dont find too much use from auto car washes. If you have mud all over, chances are very good it won't come out clean. If i can't get to a coin wash, i just hose off the bulk of the dirt with the hose on the driveway, and just wait till i can take it to a coin wash to do it right. Not to mention that i like to soak the mud and gently blow it off, rather than sandblasting my paint ;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
cww4 said:
I have a 2012 JKU and just had the "combo" installed - 33" Duratracs. I went to my usual wash spot and they were iffy on if it would work and said it could damage the outer treads.
I've had no issues with my 315/70/17 Duratracs

Jerkbait said:
I wonder how plasti dipped would hold up on an automatic wash. Probably not too well.
I took my factory Rubicon wheels that had been Plasti dipped through several time with no issues

1 - 11 of 11 Posts