Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the parameters under which the auto door locks on the 2017 JKU activate? It seems to be pretty random on ours - sometimes they lock as we leave our driveway while other times they lock after we've driven a few miles.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
It's something like above 17MPH and throttle was applied above 20%. I can get up to highway speeds with super light throttle without them locking. I can then clutch in and rev the engine and the doors will immediately lock.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I know sometimes when mine lock it startles the shit out of me lol.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
This is what it says for a 2014:

These components and their controls are combined to provide the following power lock system central locking and unlocking features:

Automatic Door Locking - Automatic door locking (also known as rolling door locks) automatically locks any unlocked door when the vehicle speed exceeds about 25.7 kilometers per hour (15 miles per hour). This is a Customer Programmable feature.

Automatic Door Unlocking - Automatic door unlocking (also known as automatic unlock doors on exit) automatically unlocks the doors after they were automatically locked when the vehicle speed exceeded about 25.7 kilometers per hour (15 miles per hour), the vehicle speed has returned to zero, the transmission shift lever is in the Neutral or Park positions and the driver side front door is opened. This is a Customer Programmable feature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts