Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprisingly, I can't find much info. Maybe I'm just not searching correctly. Has anyone modified their JKU so that the rear windows operate similar to the fronts with the one-touch feature? Is it as simple as replacing the switches or is it a programmed thing? Maybe both? I have come across a few universal mods that tap into the wire harness to provide Auto down/up, but if like to just keep it factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The rear switches would need to be changed to match the fronts. You'll notice that the front window switches have a detent when operating them. The switches for the front and rear windows are contained in one module. I don't think they can be replaced easily.

That being said, the rear window programming and/or actuators would need to be changed as well.

There are some aftermarket alarm system add-on modules that can change the way a vehicle's windows operate.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I wish I could get rid of the one touch down feature. I always have my window cracked a bit when driving and I seem to hit the button just right so they roll all the way down and I have to roll them back up. My truck is the same. I don't want my window all the way down when it is snowing or raining outside.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear switches would need to be changed to match the fronts. You'll notice that the front window switches have a detent when operating them. The switches for the front and rear windows are contained in one module. I don't think they can be replaced easily.

That being said, the rear window programming and/or actuators would need to be changed as well.

There are some aftermarket alarm system add-on modules that can change the way a vehicle's windows operate.

That's funny I found another thread with someone trying to disable it too. I don't have any problem actuating the switch half way or full depress. If I do accidentally engage the auto down, I just do a quick blip up on the switch to stop it.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I was actually talking to a buddy that is a mechanic at a local jeep dealership about this lastnight. He said there is a module that controls knows which window needs to be rolled down based on the switch you use and that it would have to be reprogrammed to enable the rear to be auto down. After talking to him, we decided that having the passenger push and hold the button IS one touch operation, lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts