Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to find out that my new JKU BBE didn't have the auto headlight setting. I never saw that option to pick as I was building my Jeep for order. What package did I miss?

Thanks!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to be only available for the Sahara/Rubicon/Rubicon H/R trims, not available in the rest. Per the jeep website.
Thanks, I kind of figured that to be the case. No biggie, I was used to manually turning them on with my former vehicle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Rubicon and have that feature. Seems like jeep is behind quite a bit on the ammentities side of functionality on new jeeps. Would assume that option to be standard this day and age. Just like a backup camera option.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I have a Rubicon and have that feature. Seems like jeep is behind quite a bit on the ammentities side of functionality on new jeeps. Would assume that option to be standard this day and age. Just like a backup camera option.
Not at all. If you want to pay for the option you simply buy the model that has it. There are many people who don't want or need these options.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Not at all. If you want to pay for the option you simply buy the model that has it. There are many people who don't want or need these options.
I wouldn't say "not at all." Carpets, seat belts, and rear seats were options on the CJs. We've come a long way, but don't make excuses. Our jeeps are priced pretty high considering the quality and amenities. I'm sick of seeing idiots drive at night without lights on, so I'm all for it. Backup cameras are mandatory in 2 years anyway.

·
Super Moderator
9,213 Posts
Buyers today forget that the reason we don't automatically get "amenities" like auto headlights and AC is because others are trying to contain the price of the Wrangler they are buying.

Take a Camry, add a heavy duty 4WD, solid axles, long-articulation suspension, fully boxed rails and a fullsize spare wheel and see where you end up in price.

Would you pay $36,000 for a Toyota Camry...? I didn't think so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts