Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped a 32rh 3 speed auto into my 97 tj over the summer. Everything has been great up until last week I noticed a small drop of tranny fluid on the garage floor.
When I dropped the transfer case skid to install a new transfer case shifter I noticed that there was a lot of tranny fluid laying in the skid( about an ounce). I cleaned it up an re torqued the pan bolts.
I put everything back together and since then I have not driven the jeep other than to back it out of the garage into the driveway to and then back into the garage ( a total of 50 ft) well there was a bunch of fresh fluid in the skid again?
I took a close look and the fluid appears to be coming from the kickdown band adjustment bolt that is on the drivers side of the tranny about 2" above where the shifter enters the tranny.
Has anyone had this issue before?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody? I'm going to re set the tension on the front kickdown band and see it that helps the leak but the tranny shifts fine so i don't think that its going to help.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reset the tension on the front kickdown band per the FSM. But I had to go to work before I got a chance to test drive it then check for leaks so hopefully I will get a chance tomorrow.
It was 60 degrees today it sure would have been nice to drive the Jeep to work today with the top off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts