Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 jeep yj with a 4 cyl. that runs grest and has plenty of power for what i do.i would like to swap to an auto trans so my daughters could and would drive it more often. im pretty handy with a wrench,and have a well stocked shop with plenty of tools,not much i cant do.just need to know which tranny to get and a few details

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
You an swap in a 4cly auto trans, but your talking new streering column, possible driveshafts/t-case mods.. It might be less money and time to teach her how to drive the 5spd. but you can check car-parts.com for the correct model year and trans used in your area. I think you may also need a new computer. Also having been in a couple 4cly auto's, the lack of power would be enough that i wouldn't want my kid driving it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
theirs actually a part of the linkage attached to the frame, they are impossible to get. it would be cheaper/easier/better to just buy another jeep with a auto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts