Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 4L TJ auto trans.
Any new Filter suggestions or stick with what's in it ? Haven't changed one yet but will be doing it tonight. I wasn't aware of the damn thing to start with. Sorry, first Auto tranny in quite some time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I replaced mine 6 months ago... I picked up the stock MOPAR one at the local jeep dealership near me... wasn't crazy expensive (around $30-35 I think). Came with everything you need - filter and little rubber o-ring... Couldn't find any other filters that were actually recommended over the mopar...

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Mopar and nothing else. Not that expensive and you know it will work. What I have always used. While you are at it drop in a stacked trans cooler. Around $60 for everything you need and will keep the trans a little cooler. Very easy to do.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stacked trans cooler ? Can you tell me what that is ? Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Stacked trans cooler ? Can you tell me what that is ? Thanks for the input.
B&M 70268 B&M SuperCooler Transmission Coolers

Stacked plate design. If you choose to do this you take the fluid exiting the radiator and then run it into the bottom side of the above cooler and out the top of the cooler back to the transmission. I mounted mine on the V support in front of the radiator. Easy to get to by pulling the headlight. Will need to add about 1 qt more since the cooler is in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts