Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2013 JKU automatic with 35 x 12.5 Toyo AT2s, 2.5 inch lift, 3.73 gears, Fox shocks and steering stabilizer, etc. They have been installed for about four years now.

Recently encountered an issue my Jeep started to seem to be shifting weird did not want to come out of first gear, the check engine light came on. I brought it to the dealer and they reflashed the computers after resetting my AEV procal back to factory settings and blaming that for the computer glitches (even though its been like this for years) I got my Jeep back with no check engine light and did NOT reinstall the AEV Procal again to make sure the issue was resolved and that was not to blame. Turns out a week later Procal not installed it is doing same thing again but worse. My Jeep check engine light came back on and it sporadically will not shift out of first gear until you put in manual mode. It does not seem to be shifting smooth right otherwise but certainly goes through the gears. Has anyone else had this problem?

Help, I don't understand what after 4 years could be wrong now and the dealer well is the dealer and can only do so much especially since my transmission warranty is up in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's not the Procal. As you said, you've had it that way for years and only just encountered this problem.

The dealer knows your warranty is almost up. They generally will blame any malfunction on an aftermarket part or add-on if they think it's even slightly plausible. I'd bring it back immediately and inform them that their fix didn't work and you haven't used the Procal since. I'd also make clear that you know your warranty is almost up, but that you expect this fix be covered even if this drags on after the expiration date since you brought the problem to them while it was in warranty. I'm sure they were hoping their reset lasted long enough to have you come back when they could reasonably charge full price for repairs.

Also, if you haven't used the Procal, did the dealer correct tire size settings for you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I totally get that vibe from dealer that they don't want any part of anything aftermarket. It is already returned to them and reported the reoccuring problem and that their fix did indeed fail. When I went back to drop it off again I made it perfectly clear I was not taking the aftermarket excuse and explicity wrote out the issue (literally on typed and printed out word doc) and that this recipe of the procal, tires, lift, etc. has been installed for 3-4 years.

I also did insist on them documenting this extensively so the warranty is in play and they were actually really helpful and said they understand and will note an existing problem.

They claimed they would correct tire size settings for me.. but here we are 10 days after "fix" with a Jeep that does not come out of first gear and falls on it's face to the point that I was worried about getting rear ended pulling out of a stop light. To me it seems it has to be electronic or computer since it shifts in manual fine, but it did definitely jump out of park to drive this morning. It is very strange, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What code(s) caused the CEL?

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still no resolution. Definitely an electronic/computer issue because it shifts fine in manual and it is sporadic.

Picked it up from the dealer today (not much help). They told me it had three codes
1. B210A - SYSTEM VOLTAGE LOW (WCM)
2. U4014- UNKOWN
3. C1405 - TRANSFER CASE RANGE POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH (TIPM)

They cleared the check engine light and drove it said they did not experience the problem (typical). However, I also have not seen it not shift without check engine light on. They said these problems are hard to track and to keep driving it. So here we are again, no real answer.

I am going to drive it locally not too far and see where we end up. They also returned the factory computer to 35 inch wheels because previous guy didn't do his job. They also did another update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you have dealer handle this @ssinga? What lead you to that? Trying to avoid the replacement of expensive things in pursuit of this problem. Did yours even have this much computer trouble?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked it up from the dealer today (not much help). They told me it had three codes
1. B210A - SYSTEM VOLTAGE LOW (WCM)
2. U4014- UNKNOWN
3. C1405 - TRANSFER CASE RANGE POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH (TIPM)

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Did you have dealer handle this @ssinga? What lead you to that? Trying to avoid the replacement of expensive things in pursuit of this problem. Did yours even have this much computer trouble?

It started shifting funny and didn't want to go into OD. Gas mileage dropped way down. Was throwing a code but I don't recall what it was. My dealer hooked me up with a nearly free repair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts