Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm having an issue with my trany quitting when I'm crawling and going up a steep incline. It acts like the trany and transfer case are not in gear. Once i roll or get pulled back to flat ground then everything is good to go. Any help would be great. A little info on the jeep if that helps.
2011 JKU Rubi, Auto trans
Currie 60's front and rear
5.38 gears with 40's

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey guys I'm having an issue with my trany quitting when I'm crawling and going up a steep incline. It acts like the trany and transfer case are not in gear. Once i roll or get pulled back to flat ground then everything is good to go. Any help would be great. A little info on the jeep if that helps.
2011 JKU Rubi, Auto trans
Currie 60's front and rear
5.38 gears with 40's
Are you sure the trans fluid is full? Also look under it to make sure nothing can interfere with the linkage when you are at full articulation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trans fluid is full and has nothing to do with articulation. I can crawl and flex over anything. Only happens when jeep is on 45 degree angle or greater

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Do the 11s use the same autos the TJs did? A buddy of mine with a really nice TJ had the same issue. He never did figure it out, and has since sold the rig.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
do you have a transmission cooler? the auto 07-11 did not come with one stock. Might be over heating. IF you have a android phone or tablet, get the torque app and get the OBD2 bluetooth sensor and monitor you temps.

https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-Scanner-Adapter-Android-Diagnostic/dp/B00WPW6BAE/ref=pd_sbs_263_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00WPW6BAE&pd_rd_r=63MB5ZDEN11BM54SXWRY&pd_rd_w=cXsFv&pd_rd_wg=rYd4I&psc=1&refRID=63MB5ZDEN11BM54SXWRY

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just thinking out loud here but I'm wondering if the trans fluid is going to the back of the pan at such an angle, and the pickup tube isn't picking up enough oil. Essentially starving the trans of oil causing it to slip. I've never had the pan off to see where the pickup is but this could be a possibility.

John

·
Registered
292 Posts
Trans fluid is full and has nothing to do with articulation. I can crawl and flex over anything. Only happens when jeep is on 45 degree angle or greater
I think you may have misread my post.

"Are you sure the trans fluid is full? Also look under it to make sure nothing can interfere with the linkage when you are at full articulation."

Trans fluid DOES have to do with fill level, if your Jeep is at a sharp angle and the fluid level is low, you could have discontinuity in the fluid causing a temporary lapse in pressure.

Articulation has to do with parts physically interfering with trans linkages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts