Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Rubicon and the automatic transmission seems like it gets stuck when it's going around 50-60 mph and I need to accelerate (like passing). The RPMs get stuck at 4 and the jeep loses power and won't accelerate. To get it to work I have to take my foot off the accelerator, let it lose power, and then I can get it to accelerate. It's been to 2 dealerships and still isn't fixed. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It seems that the 2014 model year JK's have had more problems with faulty valve bodies and torque converters than in other years from 2012 and up. The dealer should be aware of these issues and be able to properly diagnose the problem. If not, contact Chrysler Customer Care and see if they'll open a case. Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine did that for a while before finally throwing up a P0741 code which is the torque converter clutch circuit. Light stays on for 15 or so miles then goes back off. Comes on again after about 30 miles on the freeway. Frustrating, and I'm out of basic warranty so I'm out the $$ for diagnostics unless they do determine its internal on the tranny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts