Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 Rotopax Fuelpax gas cans in a carrier mounted to rear door hinge. They bulge significantly with altitude and temperate change. Im worried they will crack or burst. I am at every stop im loosening the caps to equalize.

What do you think about drilling a small 1/16" hole at the top and covering with Gorilla tape to let it self vent? Or do you have other solutions for auto venting? thanks!

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,145 Posts
If you are going to do it it has to be a 1 way valve.

The fact Rotopax charges an f-ing arm and a leg for their plastic fuel and water cans, you would think they would be polite enough to add a vent. Innovation does not equal brilliance.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have seen people put a tire valve in the Rotopax. Remove the core but keep the cap. Use the cap to keep it sealed and remove when you need to vent, it may vent past the cap a bit anyway.

And yes, this will void the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Just realize you will void the warranty on them if you modify them. I just take it as a cost of ownership. That said I don't keep them on my jeep daily. I empty them into the tank or use in my mower(only put non ethanol in them) or my kid steals the gas for his car....lol. Don't figure the uv is good for them. I really only use them on trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts