Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I turn it off? All doors lock right after I start to mosey on down the road.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 430N. No connectivity group

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
From the 2106 Owner's Manual:

If you have EVIC:

Personal Settings (Customer-Programmable Features)

Personal Settings allows the driver to set and recall features when the vehicle speed is at 0 mph (0 km/h) (manual transmission) or when the shift lever is in PARK (auto transmission).

Push and release the MENU button until Personal Settings displays in the EVIC.

Use the DOWN button to display one of the following choices:

Auto Lock Doors

When this feature is selected, all doors will lock automatically when the vehicle reaches a speed of 15 mph (24 km/h). The auto door lock feature can be enabled or disabled, to make your selection, press and release the SELECT button until a check-mark appears next to the feature showing the system has been activated or the check-mark is removed showing the system has been deactivated.

If you don't have EVIC:

Automatic Door Locks — If Equipped
The auto door lock feature default condition is enabled. When enabled, the door locks will lock automatically when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 15 mph (24 km/h). The auto door lock feature can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no EVIC, nothing I can do. Needed to have the Connectivity Group..was at the dealer today, Service guy could not do it

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I cannot emphasize this enough...do not buy a Wrangler that does not have the Connectivity Group! It is an absolute deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
536 Posts
AutomaticDoor Locks Programming – Locks all doors at 15mph (removed from current manual, says to have dealer do it)
The “Automatic Door Locks” feature can be enabled or
disabled as follows:
1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition.
2. Cycle the ignition switch between LOCK and ON and
then back to LOCK four times ending up in the LOCK
position.
3. Press the power door LOCK switch to lock the doors.
4. A single chime will indicate the completion of the
programming.
5. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to
its previous setting.
NOTE: Use the “Automatic Door Locks” feature in
accordance with local laws.

Also see this:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/m...s-with-sequences-enable-disable-155357-2.html

·
Registered
38 Posts
AutomaticDoor Locks Programming – Locks all doors at 15mph (removed from current manual, says to have dealer do it)
disabled as follows:
position.
programming.
its previous setting.
I wished this procedure would work in my 2015 Sahara. Tired it like a bazillion times. I get the chime but they still lock when I drive down the road.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I turned it off in my jeep and have with other cars I've owned. More convenient when dropping people off somewhere.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
removed from current manual, says to have dealer do it
It was removed from the manual because it won't work on a 2015 or newer. Without EVIC, the dealer has to disable this setting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It was removed from the manual because it won't work on a 2015 or newer. Without EVIC, the dealer has to disable this setting.
I hate to say this, but after my post yesterday that it won't work on my 2015 Sahara. It finally worked today. Can't tell you how many times I tired it and then this morning it worked.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Not sure what changed but with 2015 it will work as Pat said. Many people do it 20 or so times before it works. I don't know if it is the time before you remove the key completely or some other nuance but the newer ones are trickier. I changed multiple settings but a couple I had to do twice. I even turned off the retained accessory power ( radio delay off ) using these commands once. I turned it back on and now I want it off again and can't find the sequence to save my life.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
disabled as follows:
position.
programming.
its previous setting.

Also see this:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/m...RL][/QUOTE] Thanks Smitty, will give it a try

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've noticed that mine (2015 JKUR) lock at random times, not at 15 mph. I can be accelerating moderately, then gun it at 25-30 and they lock. Weird.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If the doors are locked by the electronics, and you land in water: will the door latch unlock the doors with the electronics disabled? (There have been a few water related accidents recently in the news where the occupants landed in the water and could not open their vehicle's door after the electronics failed. I figure with the jeep, if all else fails you could exit out the roof (either the hardtop or soft-top).

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
will the door latch unlock the doors with the electronics disabled?
The manual door locks will always work. Power doors simply contain an electric actuator that activates (locks/unlocks) the door locks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts