Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

We have a 2017 Sport S. If we leave the headlights on long enough with the car turned off, will they automatically shut off? Or will they stay on and kill the battery?

Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey folks,

We have a 2017 Sport S. If we leave the headlights on long enough with the car turned off, will they automatically shut off? Or will they stay on and kill the battery?

Thanks!
Lol we don't have door stops now you want auto off headlights.just kidding I don't think so never saw anywhere it saying auto lights off.you get a bell dinging to tell you to shut them off.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
They stay on.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol we don't have door stops now you want auto off headlights.just kidding I don't think so never saw anywhere it saying auto lights off.you get a bell dinging to tell you to shut them off.
LOL yeah. I like to drive with them on all the time in the off chance that it makes us more visible to other drivers. I just forget to turn them on half the time. Would be nice if you could just leave them on.

·
Registered
646 Posts
On my 2014 there is an option under Personal Settings in the EVIC, but I think you need the connectivity group to get that access. I just navigate using the steering wheel controls, not sure what to do if you don't have that.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I run doorless and have left my lights on too many times. hahaha

I ran a red paint marker on the side of the stalk to use as a visual cue. I'll take quick a glance as I get out to see if the lines are broken or aligned.

·
Registered
660 Posts
They will turn off after a period of time you can program. They wont turn on automatically like the auto light function. But hell, if you forge to turn them off, you wont kill your battery

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
Hmm...I think you would have to somehow sync your car with your Jeep via Bluetooth or something for your Jeep to know if your car is turned off. However, I don't think the headlights being on in your Jeep has anything to do with whether or not your car is running. ;)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
So with doors on you get out you get a chime. Seems they think we're idiots. With the doors off you get out, there aint no chime. Seems they know we're idiots and there's no helping us...so no chime. My problem is, it's trained me now to kill the lights only when I hear the chime...that's no help when the doors are off.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Pick up a programmer to change your drl settings, I have mine set to just running lights when in gear but you can do fogs from what I remember.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
They will turn off after a period of time you can program. They wont turn on automatically like the auto light function. But hell, if you forge to turn them off, you wont kill your battery
Not if the switch is left in the ON position.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Not if the switch is left in the ON position.
They will turn off with the switch in off and key out of ignition.. I believe mine is set for 90 seconds, you can set the duration with a Flashpaq and other programers.

I dont know if the switch is left on, but common sense tells me the will not turn off or time out with the switch left on :pcwhack:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
They will turn off with the switch in off and key out of ignition.. I believe mine is set for 90 seconds, you can set the duration with a Flashpaq and other programers.

I dont know if the switch is left on, but common sense tells me the will not turn off or time out with the switch left on :pcwhack:
You can set the duration (with or without a programmer) only if the vehicle has EVIC. If it doesn't, you cannot.

If the switch is left in the ON position, the headlights stay on and will not timeout. If your doors are on, there's a chime that should remind you that your headlights are still on.

Reactions: Capt JK
1 - 14 of 14 Posts