Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a 2012 Unlimited Sport S, but really want automatic headlights. It is not available as an option on the Sport. It comes standard on the Sahara, but the Sahara has things I don't want (such as body colored fenders). Is it possible to add automatic headlights aftermarket, and, if so, does anyone know how much that costs? I'm new to the forum, and appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I'm looking at buying a 2012 Unlimited Sport S, but really want automatic headlights. It is not available as an option on the Sport. It comes standard on the Sahara, but the Sahara has things I don't want (such as body colored fenders). Is it possible to add automatic headlights aftermarket, and, if so, does anyone know how much that costs? I'm new to the forum, and appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks much.
If you don't get any hits, you might be better off posting this in the Jeep JK section. I ran a search, and came up with no threads on this topic.

Or you could PM Hilldweller, who is the de facto forum lighting expert. He'd probably be able to give you an answer right off the cuff. :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't get any hits, you might be better off posting this in the Jeep JK section. I ran a search, and came up with no threads on this topic.

Or you could PM Hilldweller, who is the de facto forum lighting expert. He'd probably be able to give you an answer right off the cuff. :thumb:
Thanks kbwwolf. Now for what is probably a really dumb question, but what does JK stand for? I haven't seen that in any of the marketing materials for the Unlimited's I've been looking at.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
The "model years" have letter designations CJ YJ TJ JK--and JKU....the JK's started in '06 I think... I had a YJ from '94 and have a '04 TJ also have a '12 JK the JKU's are the 4 doors.

One thing about Jeeps is you can change pretty much whatever you want..there is a lot of aftermarket support.

If automatic headlights are that important am sure you COULD have that fitted to a SPORT--but it probably would be VERY expensive!

Short answer yes it could be done..is it worth it? Only you can decide that.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
The "model years" have letter designations CJ YJ TJ JK--and JKU....the JK's started in '06 I think... I had a YJ from '94 and have a '04 TJ also have a '12 JK the JKU's are the 4 doors.

One thing about Jeeps is you can change pretty much whatever you want..there is a lot of aftermarket support.

If automatic headlights are that important am sure you COULD have that fitted to a SPORT--but it probably would be VERY expensive!

^^^ What jp said. Except the first JK model year was '07. :thumb:

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts

The CJ actually stood for "civilian Jeep". The rest are internal body designations. The "U" in JKU only exists in internet forums. The 4 doors are JK's same as 2 doors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts