Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if my automatic shifter box is supposed to light up to show what gear im in? 03 sahara

·
Motorized toy collector
3,761 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a 2005 unlimited and mine has never lit up. i did a lil googling when i first got it, im the 2nd owner, and from what i can tell, alot of wranglers have that issue. not like that helps you..

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Did you check the bulb? Pry up on the indicator plate. The bulb is in a tube to the drivers side of the numerals.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so now that i know it lights up im gonna start to open it up, thanks a bunch. Anybody have a link to a tutorial? Cant find anything

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Stick a screwdriver around the edge of the plate and pry up

·
Knows a couple things...
49,002 Posts
I put one of these LEDs in the shifter display - much brighter than the stock bulb
For an interior light, that'd be enough reason for me not to buy one. I drive at night a lot and dim all of my interior lights down as dim as they'll go so my night vision will not be affected. I even had to put a piece of black electrical tape over my KC driving light switch, it was so bright it was terrible at night.

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
For an interior light, that'd be enough reason for me not to buy one. I drive at night a lot and dim all of my interior lights down as dim as they'll go so my night vision will not be affected. I even had to put a piece of black electrical tape over my KC driving light switch, it was so bright it was terrible at night.
you would HATE to drive my TJ at night LOL

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Opened up the shifter box and replaced the bulb. Took 3 bucks and all of 5 minutes. Plus i found a nifty little stop to tie in some green LED floor lights:) thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts