Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2004 wrangler tj I replaced my automatic shifter assembly due to the release linkage breaking with old shifter I could manually release with my hand and shift it out of park and into reverse or drive and back to neutral but after installing the new assembly it will shift out of park into reverse and into driver but will not shift up to neutral and will not go into park with out me manually moving the cable with my. I don’t understand why the old assembly works find moving the shift cable and the new one doesn’t . Need help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry I didn’t make myself clean the reason I had to change the old shifter was due to the plastic piece broke I could get it to shift out of park by using my hand to trip the release and everything was find but when I installed the new assembly it would shift out of park but would when shifting back to park the cable will not go pass reverse I can reach down with my hand and move the cable into park don’t understand the only thing you do is remove four bolts unhook the cable to transmission and the brake safety cable install new one back hook up cables?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts