Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’ve had my (insert year year of part installed) manual 86 CJ for 20 + years, I’m on my 3rd frame and now I rescued an 1990 drive train with an automatic transmission. Any ideas on the kick down linkage as I have an 8 cyl in it from years back. I also intend to install the power brake system in it from the donor 1990. I will have many leftover parts when done if anyone needs something from the1990 wrangler with plow / plow frame. I also will need to fabricate the linkage from the 1990 steering column to tranny if you have any ideas

David

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hello all, I’ve had my (insert year year of part installed) manual 86 CJ for 20 + years, I’m on my 3rd frame and now I rescued an 1990 drive train with an automatic transmission. Any ideas on the kick down linkage as I have an 8 cyl in it from years back. I also intend to install the power brake system in it from the donor 1990. I will have many leftover parts when done if anyone needs something from the1990 wrangler with plow / plow frame. I also will need to fabricate the linkage from the 1990 steering column to tranny if you have any ideas

David
Why not switch over to a hydraulic clutch? I think it would alleviate most of the problems you are having and it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

David
Why not switch over to a hydraulic clutch? I think it would alleviate most of the problems you are having and it.
Hello

I have bought a 1990 WJ automatic transmission that will bolt right up. I think only 1.5 inches of the spline shaft engage, will this cause a problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts