Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever switch their jeep from automatic to manual? If so how hard and expensive was it?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
Most of us go the other direction when it's for offroading, from manual to automatic. In fact, I converted my '97 TJ from its 5-speed to a 32RH automatic for rock crawling purposes. The only TJ I'd convert from an automatic to a manual would be one with the 2.5L four-banger engine which is admittedly anemic with its 30RH automatic.

What engine do you have and is there a particular reason you would rather have the manual? Most hardcore competition rigs long-ago made the switch to automatics because offroad, they just work better and give significantly more (2-3X) low-end torque.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a '97 4.0 inline 6. I just want to switch it as a personal preference for my jeep that I just plan to make my beach vehicle

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I swapped from manual to an automatic I found a guy to buy everything who was doing an auto to manual swap.

Maybe you can find somebody near you who is doing the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts