Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’ve searched and can’t find anything about this.. 2015 rebuilt (driver side damage) JKU Rubicon. 45,000 miles and stock. The transmission starts to sound like a turbo and starts slipping till it won’t pull in any gear. Replaced transmission with a used 29,000 mile transmission, installed, flushed 3 times with Mopar atf+4. All seemed well and good, 4” full suspension lift and tires added the week after. Now at 52,000 miles...same problem...to the Tee. Called Chrysler and gave vin. No updates or flashes available. When I let her sit, she pulls good for about 5 minutes. Trans Temp never gets over 180. I’m lost. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Can you monitor the trans temp? I'm wondering if the cooling lines are bent or something and there's a flow issue? I don't own any automatics, so I'm just taking a some wild stabs here. Seems more like an external issue, unless you have really bad luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I’ve actually even added a second cooler as of today... temperature is stable at 175 and below...

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I'm surprised no one else has chimed in! 2 different transmissions, no overheating, replaced torque converter, extra oil cooler. What's the mystery here?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I have seen where the crank sensor goes bad and caused communication issues with the transmission... but I don’t have any idle or engine running issues at all... I appreciate the effort, I’m still searching for the answer... as a certified mechanic, I feel like I’ve not learned anything over the years... this one has me thrown for a loop

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem solved. The torque converter was bad but the bigger issue was the ears on the main shaft that the torque converter lines up on... one was sheared off!! New tc abd tranny and we are all good again!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts