Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Autopal H6024 H4 Dot Euro conversion headlight kit from ebay, on 12/16. Received on 12/21.
When I opened the carton, I noticed how well everything was packed. Unfortunately, one of the lenses was cracked in two places. There was no apparent damage to the cartons. The next thing I noticed, was that the glass lens is almost 1/4" smaller in diameter than the metal reflector, and that it is placed clear against one side.
When I mounted it in the Jeep, the outside ring of the lens would not clamp down securely and the lens moves around freely. I don't want to use some kind of gasket to make the headlights fit. I had a difficult time trying to adjust the light, as there is really no cut-off on this light. It's more like a flashlight pattern. It's no brighter than the Wagner Halogen bulbs that are in the Jeep now.
I took it out for a ride in a light rain that night and couldn't tell the difference between the two lights.
The next morning I decided to wash the mud from the Jeep and noticed the lens was fogged internally! The rear rubber cup/gasket was correctly installed and I didn't see any water under the hood anyway. Maybe a leak between the glass lens and metal reflector?
They are also marked "Off Road Only". I thought they were DOT approved?
I paid $27.95 for the lights and $15.99 shipping. For a refund I would have to pay return shipping and eat the $15.99 already paid.
Buyer Beware! Maybe the other Autopal lights are OK, but these are a no go in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
You know you got some crap so the seller should make good. You shouldn't have to pay a dime. Leave them some feedback and be sure to explain they sold you reject crap

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
sorry for your frustration, but thank you for posting this to save the rest of us from going through it too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts