Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
In my experience of buying and selling used cars (not a jeep)..end of the day its the free craigslist Ad that gets the maximum responses and the buyer. I had a one-time experience where cars.com took almost 4 days to get my Ad. active (and yeah..it was not free as you know!). Didn't have that problem with Autotrader. However, still, craigslist got me the buyer or at least thats what the buyer told me.

·
Registered
318 Posts
When i was looking last year i didnt find anything on Craigslist but like its been said its free. I would try that first and if no bites go Autotrader. Found alot of websites and such link you up to Autotrader so IMO that one gets the most views. Also since its a Jeep do a search and find a local 4x4 forum. Usualy these have 4sale sections and might get some interest. Good luck

·
Registered
12,285 Posts
You do get a lot of 'weirdos' and spam on CL, but it is free. I've had success with Autotrader, it attracts the more serious buyers. I've never used cars.com so I cannot comment. If you are serious about selling, spend the $50 (or whatever it is now) for Autotrader or Cars.com to get the buyers you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
actually auto-trader has the most traffic. you can go on and do some research see where your car will be on the list for the amount you want for it, which has less jeeps for sale, are the other jeeps in your area or out of state, things like that and that way you should be able to get top dollar for your car and have a quick sale. your gonna have a lot spam and fakes off of craigslist just be careful. don't let anyone drive off with your car without the funds fully deposited and cleared with your bank. good luck

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I've had surprisingly good luck on Craigslist over the years. Sure, you'll deal with some wackos.. but there's also serious buyers and sellers there. I got my last two vehicles (including the Jeep) off Craigslist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts