Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2013 jk wrangler sport to the public scale today. It is a two door sport with a hard top ,auto trans,17in wheels and a tow package. I removed the rear seat for more room and the gas tank was full. She tipped the scale at exactly 4000 lbs. The manual states vehicle weight at 3760 lbs. I was a bit suprised, i thought it would be lighter with the rear seat removed.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
maybe you ate too many donuts this morning. :)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Where you in it as well?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Figure on about 8 lbs per gallon of gas, 18 gallons in the tank and...shazam, you added 144 lbs to your vehicle's weight...give or take. Also, is the weight in the manual dry weight? Because oil, transmission fluid, diff fluid, brake fluid, washer fluid, etc. all add up. I ought to weigh my Jeep for grins at some point.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I saw the title, I thought maybe you had found a date online :rofl:

If you want to get it below the listed weight, just remove the doors. I bet you could get it down to 3500 that way...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I believe the weight given in the manual is dry weight..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No i wasn't in the vehicle when it was weighed, and i was sure the weight in the manual was with all fluids, including gas, but i could be wrong. The GVWR is 4900 lbs, that only leaves 900 pounds for people and some cargo..I can see where adding lots of after market stuff can be a problem.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Figure on about 8 lbs per gallon of gas, 18 gallons in the tank and...shazam, you added 144 lbs to your vehicle's weight...give or take. Also, is the weight in the manual dry weight? Because oil, transmission fluid, diff fluid, brake fluid, washer fluid, etc. all add up. I ought to weigh my Jeep for grins at some point.
For shits and grins. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts