Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of putting a fog or two in the back of my truck to aid in backing up at night/in the woods...where do people normally mount their 'backup' lights? pics would be great

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
cpisani89 said:
im thinking of putting a fog or two in the back of my truck to aid in backing up at night/in the woods...where do people normally mount their 'backup' lights? pics would be great
Truck or jeep?

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Some folks mount on the spare tire/3rd brake light...most mount on the top sides of the bumper where the tailgate won't smack into the lights. I personally would mount them on the top sides...and not underneath or they're gonna be damaged real quickly, especially if you off-road on some pretty rough trails where your bumper is just barely clearing obstacles.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
s3nt3nc3d said:
Some folks mount on the spare tire/3rd brake light...most mount on the top sides of the bumper where the tailgate won't smack into the lights. I personally would mount them on the top sides...and not underneath or they're gonna be damaged real quickly, especially if you off-road on some pretty rough trails where your bumper is just barely clearing obstacles.
Good advice!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I had a set of what used to be fog lights and changed out the bulbs for clear lights.
Mounted them above the third brake light.....

This is stock lighting....

This is with the added lights.... (which are only 20watts but mighty brite)

I run them off a relay and a separate switch, so I can use 'em alone if I'm loading/unloading the dirtbike trailer or whatever.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice..hmm for some reason i dont have a third brake light lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts