Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I installed a set of LED cube backup lights with a 12 volt relay to turn on only while in reverse. My daughter noticed that occasionally both would flicker on and off. I checked all my connections to be sure they were good and tight and all is.

Are the backup lights on a PWM circuit ? If so, how can I smooth out the pulse to prevent the on/off cycling ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I had to use an antiflicker harness for all my lights that I converted to LED to prevent flickering. This included my fogs, turns, markers, headlights, and my Rigid cubes for back ups. I also used a 3 position switch so so I can run as reverse lights or eff you lights.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Last weekend I installed a set of LED cube backup lights with a 12 volt relay to turn on only while in reverse. My daughter noticed that occasionally both would flicker on and off. I checked all my connections to be sure they were good and tight and all is.

Are the backup lights on a PWM circuit ? If so, how can I smooth out the pulse to prevent the on/off cycling ?

Thanks
Mine flickered ever so slightly when I used the ground wire in the tail light harness for back-up lite ground. I switched to ground directly to the tub and the flicker went away.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine flickered ever so slightly when I used the ground wire in the tail light harness for back-up lite ground. I switched to ground directly to the tub and the flicker went away.
Thanks for that, I did use a bolt to the body for the ground to ensure it was good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to use an antiflicker harness for all my lights that I converted to LED to prevent flickering. This included my fogs, turns, markers, headlights, and my Rigid cubes for back ups. I also used a 3 position switch so so I can run as reverse lights or eff you lights.
Thanks, looks like I'll be adding Anti flicker on that circuit. And that's a great idea. I could swap out my relay for a double pole, double throw one and manually turn them on as well !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts