Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running an auxiliary fan in front of their radiator for extra cooling? I was thinking of putting one on to get ready for summer traffic was wondering if anyone had any experience with one? :beerme:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anybody running an auxiliary fan in front of their radiator for extra cooling? I was thinking of putting one on to get ready for summer traffic was wondering if anyone had any experience with one? :beerme:
I don't have a ton of experience with jeeps, but imo you shouldn't need another fan unless u live in a super hot area and you drive excessively slow. When I changed out my radiator I put in a larger one just to make sure it wouldn't get hot.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don't have a ton of experience with jeeps, but imo you shouldn't need another fan unless u live in a super hot area and you drive excessively slow. When I changed out my radiator I put in a larger one just to make sure it wouldn't get hot.
here in Texas, us tj's can't wheel with my AC on because it'll over heat

·
Registered
238 Posts
Did the radiator fit or was their any enlongating necessary
What do you mean elongation? The only thing I had to do was drill out a hole for the fan shroud, the width and everything was fine though. I also drilled out the thread and put bolts in because I couldn't find the correct thread pattern

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Stock thermostat is 195. Running at correct temperature is the most efficient. (reading the most power and the best mileage)

·
Registered
134 Posts
It was 102 yesterday, and again today. I have the massive Warn PowerPlant in front of my radiator, and I have no overheating issues.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just replaced the t-stat on mine from the dealer and it stays around 195-205 on the highway around where I live there's a lot of hills and goes up to 210 and stays there I would just personally feel better if it can stay alittle under 210 all the time,...I could just be crazy :p

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
210 is the NORMAL operating temp for these.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts