Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm a new member of the Jeep family with my '06 X.

It's a stock wrangler and I am hoping to investigate how difficult it would be to put an aux input into the standard system. Any advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I see no chance of that working. Get a new head unit.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm a new member of the Jeep family with my '06 X.

It's a stock wrangler and I am hoping to investigate how difficult it would be to put an aux input into the standard system. Any advice is much appreciated.
:wavey:fg: What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I assume he wants to plug his phone or mp3 player into his head unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's correct. Phone / iPod usage is my goal.

Sorry for the brevity in my original post. I know that certain auto shops will run an aux input through your radio and put a nice dash mount in....however, I assume that the labor charge will be high for something that seems pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
fg: lolpetewtf has a great answer w/an awesome link:thumb:. The stock HU leaves a lot to be desired. You most likely will want to replace the speakers as well if you decided to replace the HU.

Because of where I live, I opted to just exchange my speakers, keep my stock HU & picked up something like this to play my Ipod with: Quadratec Exclusive JW-AUX-IN - Auxiliary Audio Input Adapter Kit for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec. Mine is slightly different but works great (Zero interference), I'm happy:D. It's all about what you want & what your goal is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the the help. I've decided to look around for a Pioneer or JVC unit with rear auxillary inputs in order to run a cable from the head unit under the center console and up through the utility box.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Don't forget a wiring harness. Can be had from Amazon for under $5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts