Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to install a set of off road lights to my soon to arrive Rock Hard bumper.

I am considering 2 options:

1. Buy a kit with relay etc, run wiring through firewall install switch on dash and good to go.

2. Purchase something like this:

Quadratec Hi Performance 4" Round LED Light Kit for 10-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Looks like it uses factory fog switch. Is this an option if I want to maintain the fogs? Can i somehow switch between the Qtech lights and factory fogs? If not I think option 1 is the way to go.

I am considering the 4 switch A pillar pod from Rugged Ridge. it is less than $100 and I cannot see why the SPod at $400+ is any better?

I like the idea of spare switches for future use and the A pilar location looks nice to my eys.

Lastly HID vs halogen vs LED. Aside fom cost any reason to go HID or halogen vs LED?

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd like to install a set of off road lights to my soon to arrive Rock Hard bumper.

I am considering 2 options:

1. Buy a kit with relay etc, run wiring through firewall install switch on dash and good to go.

2. Purchase something like this:

Quadratec Hi Performance 4" Round LED Light Kit for 10-15 Jeep:registered: Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Looks like it uses factory fog switch. Is this an option if I want to maintain the fogs? Can i somehow switch between the Qtech lights and factory fogs? If not I think option 1 is the way to go.

I am considering the 4 switch A pillar pod from Rugged Ridge. it is less than $100 and I cannot see why the SPod at $400+ is any better?

I like the idea of spare switches for future use and the A pilar location looks nice to my eys.

Lastly HID vs halogen vs LED. Aside fom cost any reason to go HID or halogen vs LED?

Appreciate the help.
Between ur 2 options I would go with option 1. because option 2 is just replacing the fog lights. The 4 switch A pillar pod from Rugged Ridge is just the switch so u would still need to get a kit with relay. That is why people go with the spod cause it gives you all of that so all u have to do when adding aux lights or anything else is u just connect it to the source and ur done. Not saying you can't do it the old school way of installing a switch for each aux. And for the lights itself, HID or halogen vs LED I think it is what you like better. For me I like the way led look and they last longer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Between ur 2 options I would go with option 1. because option 2 is just replacing the fog lights. The 4 switch A pillar pod from Rugged Ridge is just the switch so u would still need to get a kit with relay. That is why people go with the spod cause it gives you all of that so all u have to do when adding aux lights or anything else is u just connect it to the source and ur done. Not saying you can't do it the old school way of installing a switch for each aux. And for the lights itself, HID or halogen vs LED I think it is what you like better. For me I like the way led look and they last longer.
Thanks. did not realize SPod had relays etc. Probably easier in the end to go SPod if I am considering more lights down the road.

·
Registered
186 Posts
S-Pod is awesome but pricey. After ordering all my lights I decided to go with the rugged ridge for now. $70 with 4 switches. True you will need relays and such setup and this is where the spod is really nice and fast. Save up some cash and get the spod latter. The great thing is with the ruggend ridge setup you can always put your factory cover back in. In my case it was hard to justify the spod when I only needed 2 switches. Plus now you have the switch pros as an option as well. But for about the same price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts