Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise me what switches fit a 03 TJ switch panel? I have read that "contura" switches do but on OTRATWW there are three different contura switches.

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Get the ones you like best, I like the contura v line.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered a contura from OTRATTW. Never got a reply email from them so I hope the one I got fits...should be here monday or tuesday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up getting one from OTRATTW. Took a uninformed guess and got the right one....still never got a reply to the email I sent them.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
We have had a few issues with emails not making it through. On the 2003 TJ, the OEM switch opening will require modification to get the switches to fit.

All the V series switch bodies are the same size, it's just the rockers that are different.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have the switches from OTRATTW and they match the ones for my ARB locker.

Can I replace the rockers with the newer style ones with the cool graphics? :)

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
The V series laser etched rockers are interchangeable with the switch bodies you have now. The light shining through the V series rockers would be white to yellowish due to the incandescent lights in the switches. (V-series rockers are translucent white on the backside)

The easiest way to change out the rocker is with an actuator tool. I have seen guys also use a very small screwdriver as well.

For reference, the Contura V rockers are slightly wider than the Contura II.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I do have the actuator tool. :)

Bummer about the lights not being blue, but I can live with that. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
The light shining through the V series rockers would be white to yellowish due to the incandescent lights in the switches.
Has anyone every tried replacing the little bulb with an LED + resistor? This project has been on the back burner for some time because it's just aesthetic but I want to get around to it at some point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts