Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes, long time listener first time caller in the general discussion... Wanted to talk about aux lighting, like fog lights, light bars and the like. been shopping around and the circular fog/spot lights are expensive but i don't know if I've ran through all the options available. so, for people like me, i was wondering what you guys used for your lighting setups, and if possible include pictures/links and motivations for the parts you chose!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I used to have 2 pairs of KC Day lighters on by bumper and they never worked when i needed them. I did a clean wiring job with the wire and relays they provided but i always had to wiggle wires and replace rocker switches and relays.

I am thinking about mounting some Hella's on my windshield hinges not sure if I'm actually going to go though with it after the nightmare i had with my KC's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see a lot of cheap lights on amazon that'd work but if you go on quadratech or something the lights are insanely expensive in comparison

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think you'd be best served to first define what it is you think you need or want. When I did my backup lights my purpose was defined and I got just what I was looking for. Same up front - the LED headlights were more than adequate, I just wanted something for expanding my night view.
Now, were I out spotlighting rhinoceros, I may have gone a different direction.

·
Super Moderator
10,474 Posts
We don't have a lot of rhinoceros in Colorado except at the malls.
I haven't actually seen any at the malls but the way some Jeepers are lit up there I can tell they're trying to spot one.
Hunting anything at the mall other than (censored) is illegal so they're probable just wanting to take pics.

If you haven't already upgraded your headlights, the H4 conversion is the biggest bang for your buck. The E-Code Hellas or Cibies are the ones to get. They aren't DOT approved, but I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for them.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: pc1p

·
Registered
425 Posts
I used to run a row of HC lights across the top, 8 of them. But that was back when I was spotlighting elephants. Since those days I lost the lights and started wearing elephant repellant. I know for a fact that it works cuz I ain't seen a single elephant near here since I started wearing it.

·
Super Moderator
10,474 Posts
Everybody's trying to outgoof the other guy.
Where's Raoul?

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No need to get crazy with expensive lighting. This is my aux lighting setup, 2x 4" 27W LED spot lights mounted to the windshield pillars, 2x 4" 27W LED fog lights mounted to my front bumper, 1x 22" 288W LED flood/spot combo light bar mounted to my front bumper and 1x 18" 180W LED flood light bar mounted to my rear bumper, which I use as a backup light, all CREE brand and purchased on eBay for under $150. The housing has proven to be very durable. I would suggest going to Home Depot or Lowes and swap out the provided nuts, bolts and washers to galvanized to prevent rust. Other than that, I'm very happy and they are bright as hell. I have a buddy who spent $150 for his 22" flood light bar alone. Both look exactly the same, equally bright and warranted for 1 year. Tip: You can make your own aux panel. I bought a aux panel off a 98' Cherokee, 3 switches, USB outlet and 12V power outlet, from eBay for another $20.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I feel like light bars are just a trend. People use them to blind everyone on public roads. I can't count the number of times that I've seen people running their led bars at night and no driving lights. Its the guys with the Monster stickers and 20" wheels with low pro mud terrains.

Unless you intend to use them as they're meant to be, you'll probably be better off ordering them from Amazon and sealing the lenses as they retain moisture. Or go with expensive ones.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I feel like light bars are just a trend. People use them to blind everyone on public roads. I can't count the number of times that I've seen people running their led bars at night and no driving lights. Its the guys with the Monster stickers and 20" wheels with low pro mud terrains.
Well said brother, don't forget the part about the jacked up 1 ton that puffs more smoke than a choo choo.....

Lee

·
Registered
80 Posts
Let's face it, no one needs to own a Wrangler! Most of us don't need aux lighting, or to be lift, or the need for a winch mounted to your bumper. We all know that the purpose of owning our Wrangler owners because we want to have fun and look cool doing it! From the dude who is into off-raoding and mudding, who will keep his rig covered in dirt for days as a badge of honor, to the dude that has that 4" left kit, 30" tires and every accessory in Quadratec's catalog, to the dude that has so many LED lighting accessories that a night it looks like a UFO has just landed. There is no need to over think it. Just go for whatever makes your nature rise or tickles your fanny, have fun and enjoy your rig.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
425 Posts
"Let's face it, no one needs to own a Wrangler! Most of us don't need aux lighting, or to be lift, or the need for a winch mounted to your bumper. "

Au contraire mon ami. I DO NEED MY JEEP. LIFTED. WITH LIGHTS. AND A WINCH.

Why, you may be asking yourself? In a word, therapy. Without my Jeep (hence therapy) I would likely go on a delusional psychotic ramage the likes of which you would not want to see or read about in the news.

Why buy meds when you got a jeep?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts