Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the avg price to have a shop install a 2.5 BB lift or coil lift with shocks or extensions generally the same? It seems like everything gets touched regardless of those combinations so the install time is generally the same. Seems like spacers wouldn't be faster than replacing the coil, etc...

I don't have a lift or decent stands and my HOA is a pain on working on your car in the driveway. So I'm considering finding a shop to put the lift on and just like to get a ballpark cost.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
WhiskeyMike said:
Is the avg price to have a shop install a 2.5 BB lift or coil lift with shocks or extensions generally the same? It seems like everything gets touched regardless of those combinations so the install time is generally the same. Seems like spacers wouldn't be faster than replacing the coil, etc...

I don't have a lift or decent stands and my HOA is a pain on working on your car in the driveway. So I'm considering finding a shop to put the lift on and just like to get a ballpark cost.
I just spent 250 to get the rc656 2.5" spacer kit put on. There is only one shop in town so you might find it cheaper. The shop did say the labor is pretty much the same I just couldn't afford the more expensive kit. Plus I have heard that the rc springs aren't very good and sag quickly.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I can't tell you what a good price would be; a buddy and I installed all my stuff.

But I've seen a wide range of prices on this and other forums, from laughably high to suspiciously low.

Plus, I'd be hesitant to trust some shops with the work. What if they get lazy and don't tighten control arms/track bars with the Jeep on the ground (to prevent bushings from binding)? BAM! Three weeks later, you're on here posting about Death Wobble.

I think you'd be much better off finding a local Jeeper who will help you out for beer and pizza, and maybe even has a place for you to work.

I got several offers from WI peeps I'd never met, both to help with the install, and offering me garage space.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just did one and I was nervous, but I was getting quotes close to 500, so I decided to do it my self. Go to harbor freight and buy a good floor jack and some stands, white lithium grease and the rest of the tools you need and you can get it done in a day and your hoa can't say a thing!!

Also I didn't by myself and I am not a wrencher at all! But the pride of doing it yourself is awesome!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
eevans87114 said:
I just did one and I was nervous, but I was getting quotes close to 500, so I decided to do it my self. Go to harbor freight and buy a good floor jack and some stands, white lithium grease and the rest of the tools you need and you can get it done in a day and your hoa can't say a thing!!

Also I didn't by myself and I am not a wrencher at all! But the pride of doing it yourself is awesome!
it's definitely easy to do yourself and economical, time and tools can be an issue though, if you have a floor Jack and most importantly a free day do it yourself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts