Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited from a Jeep dealer almost 2 weeks ago. It has 30,000 miles. I constantly display the AVG MPG on the tachometer. I watch it slowly vary between 16 and 18 MPG as I drive.

Today, as I was driving, it jumped from displaying 17.7 MPG up to 33 MPG within about 5 seconds and then came back down to about 19 MPG. It took about 2 minutes for it to come back down. And note that it didn't come back to 17.7 MPG.

My driving was pretty constant thru all this. Doing about 40 MPH on a back road.

Something is not right. Could this be a problem with the electronics in the vehicle?

·
Registered
943 Posts
It will vary a lot for a short time after it has been reset then settle after you've driven for a bit. Did you reset it shortly before this happened? was the road hilly?

·
Registered
68 Posts
It will vary a lot for a short time after it has been reset then settle after you've driven for a bit. Did you reset it shortly before this happened? was the road hilly?
You can reset it ? mine says 11.6. I get crappy mileage because I deliver mail but would like to reset it when making a trip

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a reset issue. I've been driving it for almost 2 weeks now. It's been pretty steady. When it changes, it changes slowly and not much. It stays between 16 and 18. It seemed to go crazy this afternoon.

·
Registered
943 Posts
You can reset it ? mine says 11.6. I get crappy mileage because I deliver mail but would like to reset it when making a trip
Yes, it should reset just like the odometer. It is also in the owners manual, I can't remember exactly which button because I haven't driven my Jeep in about 6 months :nonono: but remember hand calculating is more accurate (miles driven divided by gallons put in at fill up)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts