Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the AWD in my Jku not working when I move the shifter to 4x4 position nothing happens not even the 4x4 light on the dash. What can this be? Is there any fuse that I can check?

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
Your Jeep doesn't have AWD.. It' has a part time 4wd transfercase. NP241 if it's a X, Sport, or Sahara. And a NP241OR if it's a Rubicon.

My vote is for a transfer case cable linkage as well

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much guys on the information, it's a 09 Sahara 6spd I did get some work done to 1st and 3rd gear due to it was popping out of gears about 3-4 month ago but I never tried the 4x4 until yesterday. Can the work I've gotten done cause this cable to pop out? Not sure if the transmission have anythin to do with the 4x4? Sorry if it's a stupid question just my first time owning a wrangler ✌

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Thanks so much guys on the information, it's a 09 Sahara 6spd I did get some work done to 1st and 3rd gear due to it was popping out of gears about 3-4 month ago but I never tried the 4x4 until yesterday. Can the work I've gotten done cause this cable to pop out? Not sure if the transmission have anythin to do with the 4x4? Sorry if it's a stupid question just my first time owning a wrangler ✌
No your trans work shouldn't have messes with the cable. Could they have broken it being careless? Sure anything is possible but I doubt it. The 4WD shifter is connected to the T Case via cable and flimsy plastic clip and they are known to break in the JK pretty regularly and usually on the trail. It is cheap to fix, the clip is like $.30 from the dealer but you can also get the advance adapters linkage and never worry about the problem again. I vote for the AA fix since you have to go into it anyway. Linky

Heavy Duty JK Cable Shifter Upgrade | Advance Adapters

-Dan

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
A lot cheaper mod then the advance adapter kit if you don't like the stock setup is to file down the plastic clip a little and use a washer and C-clip to put the cable back on but the clip is to protect the transfer case from damage

Here was a fix from another forum. I seen somewhere else but can't find it where they used a new clip but filed down so to use like a bushing and use the C-Clip too

http://www.jk-forum.com/stock-jk-tech-12/transfer-case-stuck-neutral-193892/page2/#post2508694

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I just paid $1.17 each for four of them (toss in jk's as spares). Dealer didn't have them in stock, ordered today for tomorrow. Best to have a solution for this problem before it happens from from home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts