Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving through the hurricane sandy and hit a few big puddles so i figure i put it on awd thinking it be better to drive through the puddles. Now i cant shift awd back into normal gear. any ideas what happen?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
^^ try from a roll, try pushing the clutch in just before you shift, or go from D to N right before if it's an auto. This might cause a quick crunch, but it's better than being stuck in 4wd (not awd!)

is it loose? like it's not connected? if so you popped the cable off the transfer case. you can manually shift the case back into 2H from underneath.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys, the slow roll worked, i really appreciate the advice. Anyways, while it was stuck on 4wd, it did a weird jerk and wobble...why did it get stuck in 4wd and why did it do the weird jerk and wobble? i'm pretty freaked out, going to take it back to the dealership. Just curious why my car did that though?!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
hey guys, the slow roll worked, i really appreciate the advice. Anyways, while it was stuck on 4wd, it did a weird jerk and wobble...why did it get stuck in 4wd and why did it do the weird jerk and wobble? i'm pretty freaked out, going to take it back to the dealership. Just curious why my car did that though?!
you mean when you're turning? you should not turn on dry pavement with 4wd on. the wheels need to turn at different rates, which can't happen on sticky surfaces.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea it jerked while i was turning slowly into my parking space, but it wasnt on dry pavement, it was raining out.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
yea it jerked while i was turning slowly into my parking space, but it wasnt on dry pavement, it was raining out.
completely normal, don't worry about it. it's because the front is locked to the back and in a turn the wheels want to go at different speeds. if you drive like that for a long time you'll wear out your u-joints. you won't have done any damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts