Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think these are the coolest fenders and i plan on getting them for my jeep when i eventually get the money. I have never seen a jeep with these specific fenders because i dnt think people kno about thm so ill take the liberty to tell you guys :thumb: Jeep Wrangler TJ/LJ Overline Full Replacement Flat Tube Fenders it replaces the whole steel fender with an aluminum one which looks awesome and you dnt have to do any cutting or drilling for the front fenders and it comes with everything you need including battery trays:punk: i think its worth the money and i think you guys will like it. its made by metal cloak. If you guys already new about them thn my bad. I just never have and felt like sharing it with yu all. Defiantly worth it in my opinion but thats just my .02 I will deff put pics up of them when ever i get them hopefully by this summer :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome , thanks for sharing i wonder how they will look on my jeep??

also what about the back fenders , if it happened that i install those specific ones , i think with my back fenders it will look weird..... waiting for you to post some pictures :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you look on there website they have tons of pics and videos.

·
Registered
347 Posts
heres what the LJ looks like with em, im going to get them for my YJ
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/beep-beep-its-jeep-130374.html
Some how I knew my Jeep was being talked about. XD The hardest part of installing the fenders was figuring out how to remount the cruise control servo and automatic transmission module. I had to bend some brackets, drill a couple extra holes, and make some spacers. The rest of it was just time consuming wrench turning.

heres the link for the rear LCG Cut Out Jeep Wrangler Rear Flare Mounting Base Plate, TJ the only thing about the rear is you have to do some cutting which really isnt a problem
Only really need the mod cut version if you are planning on 35" tires. 33" tires fit nicely in the arches.

If I really attacked the rear wheel arches I could drop down to a 1" to 2" lift. The current 3" lift will be perfect for later building up to bigger.

With a 3" lift, a 1" body lift, and the front MetalCloak fenders there is a ton of clearance around the tire. 35" tires are easy and 37" are definitely possible.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice bolts i like the hint of green

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some how I knew my Jeep was being talked about. XD The hardest part of installing the fenders was figuring out how to remount the cruise control servo and automatic transmission module. I had to bend some brackets, drill a couple extra holes, and make some spacers. The rest of it was just time consuming wrench turning.

i wont have a problem cause i dnt have cruise control =p

·
Registered
613 Posts

Only really need the mod cut version if you are planning on 35" tires. 33" tires fit nicely in the arches.

If I really attacked the rear wheel arches I could drop down to a 1" to 2" lift. The current 3" lift will be perfect for later building up to bigger.

With a 3" lift, a 1" body lift, and the front MetalCloak fenders there is a ton of clearance around the tire. 35" tires are easy and 37" are definitely possible.

I like those wheels! What kind are they?

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Dont even drive though PA with them than... Bears (DOT) will have a field day with no flares over your tires.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dont even drive though PA with them than... Bears (DOT) will have a field day with no flares over your tires.
I was in PA the last week visiting family. That is where I am from. :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm getting mines next month , they just look awesome
fall in love with them on the spotttt ......

if you guys look at the profile picture, this is how my car look like now....any suggetions on which finish i should get and what would fit best regardless of the needs when off roaring.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think you should go silver and black with it

·
Registered
390 Posts
I opted for these: Poison Spyder DeFenders. Available in steel or aluminum, with comp cut, regular, or 3 inch flairs. Shown with 40 Goodyear Kevlars

Attachments

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
TreeClimber1 said:
I opted for these: Poison Spyder DeFenders. Available in steel or aluminum, with comp cut, regular, or 3 inch flairs. Shown with 40 Goodyear Kevlars
Holy crap tree climber is that one really yours? That has been my inspiration for mine alittle bit. But the full shot that poison spyder put up

·
Registered
481 Posts
I like these fenders. As pointed out some places like PA won't like them at all. My Jeep is my only vehicle. If they extended the flare portion to cover most of the width of the tire (about 6"s or so), I might think about something like that. I can't go flareless on the highway. With my luck I'd kick up rocks and get sued because they hit 'pretty' cars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts